Problems while flashing? Final solution
Many of you guys have expierienced problems while flashing things on my kernel, Roms and suhc. Due to all my works are based on EXT4 filesystem, you can't simply flash those ROMs you will need a procedure to be made, and that's what I'm going to explain:
NOTE: if you are on an EXT4 ROM jump to step 5. If you don't know, flash stock ROM and follow ALL the steps.
- (RECOMMENDED) Be on a stock ROM, installation will be cleaner
- Download THIS EXT4 tool, the Kernel and the Rom on your device HERE , or on their XDA respectives threads.
- Flash on Samsung recovery (or your recovery if you are not on stock), my temp. CWM. You can find it HERE too, and choose your device.
- When you are on the Temp. CWM, flash the EXT4 Formatter tool, so whole system will be converted to EXT4. (Stock filesystem is RFS)
- After the installation, flash my kernel you have downloaded before.
- When the Kernel is installed, go, on the CWM, to advanced --> reboot recovery (this will reboot the device, and turn it on on the new CWM of kernel)
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik
- (IMPORTANT) Go to mounts and storage, and make sure system is mounted (will show unmounted), if it shows unmounted, click it twice, to make sure! :)
- Go to install zip from SD Card, choose zip from SD card and install your CyanogenMod, AOSP, Cyanmobile, whatever your EXT4 Based ROM is. (MAKE SURE installation last more than 5 seconds, if is less than 5 secodns, your system is unmounted! repeate step 8).
- After installation, go back and reboot system, if you made it good, ROM boots, so no problem on it.
That's the cleanest installation, there are other ways, but this one won't give you so much problems. Why do we have to make all of this? Because to run AOSP based ROMs (CyanogenMod or others), EXT4 is the best filesystem, so we need to convert RFS (Samsung) to EXT4, and this are the steps to do it perfect!
NOTE: MY kernel has a "bug", if you don't mount before installing, ZIP file won't be installed! Make sure everytime you mount system properly!
Many thanks to Lopicl.00 who created this EXT4 tool, useful for every noob user! :D