Installation procedure CM11
I've seen many people having problems installing CM11 and this is due to a few things. First of all Kitkat needs a CWM 6 to install it and this is why we created Temp. CWM6. The second error is "Status 7". This is due to the update script, as CM parses kind of a security test to know if your device is really the device it should be.
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "totoro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "totoro" || abort("This package is for \"totoro\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
Unlucky our device does not have this property on a stock ROM, so here it comes the Status 7 error.
So, installation instructions are easy, but you need to be carefully.
- Download the ROM from androidarmv6 download site
- Download this template or take a kernel flash zip.
- Add the boot.img of the ROM you downloaded to the template.
- Inside the ROM zip open updater-script (META-INF/com/google/android)
- Remove the line written above (assert(getprop...)
- Add both files to your SD card
- Flash the Kernel zip and reboot again through recovery, you'll be on CWM6
- Wipe data, cache and dalvik
- Install the ROM
This will make the job for installing CM11 the first time! Then, CWM6 will be installed and properties needed for another CM11 installation will be set (if you keep on CM11). If you go back again to stock, this procedure needs to be repeated.